Position: Staff Accountant
Reports to: CFO
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepare and analyze the financial statements. Prepare other returns and reports for CTEC, CTESC, and Central Texas Electric Operation Round-Up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Prepare account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Prepare sales tax returns, franchise tax reports, Gross Receipts Assessment Report, Form 2290 Heavy Highway Vehicle Tax return, and other reports as needed.
- Review and approve accounts payable transactions.
- Responsible for cash management.
- Assist in preparation of audit work papers.
- Maintain records in accordance with established retention guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- Responsible for the adherence to safety practices, rules, and standards, and ensuring the compliance of co-workers.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field is required.
Two to three years prior general accounting experience required.
A working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is required.
Abilities and Skills:
- Must be able to create Excel worksheets, charts, and graphs in order to analyze and present information. Must be able to use Word to prepare professional communications. Knowledge of QuickBooks is preferred.
- Must be able to analyze data and reports, conduct research, and resolve problems.
- Must be able to handle a variety of diverse tasks and to organize work details to meet varying deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to operate commonly used office equipment.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
This position requires working the majority of the time inside an office building under normal office conditions. This position may require the exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently. This position requires repetitive motions and manual dexterity for duties such as data entry.