Submit your Life Support Information
If you or any family members rely on electricity for a life support system, we need to know about it. When a planned outage is necessary for your area, we will contact you in advance so you can make other arrangements.
We are not able to notify members during unplanned or emergency outages. While we will do everything possible to minimize the time your power has to be off, our members still need to be prepared with backups in the event of unforeseen outages. Depending on the cause of the outage, we may not be able to prioritize electronic restoration for those with a medical need.
Call the nearest CTEC office to report your situation and contact information. Your account will be flagged, and you will be notified of any planned outages in your area.
If you or a family member relies on any form of life support, you should:
- Fill out the form (link above) and submit it.
- Update this information regularly or whenever there is a change.
- Obtain backup equipment such as generators or batteries.
- Notify CTEC immediately when an outage occurs and tell the dispatcher that you are a critical need member.
- Make sure you have a phone that does not rely on electricity.