Security lighting can provide additional safety and convenience for your home, farm or business. CTEC offers LED security lights that automatically turn on at dusk and off at dawn for a low monthly fee.
Follow the steps below if you are interested in a security light at your location. If you are transferring an account into your name and want to keep the security light at the location, please include the form below with your other paperwork.
- Your first step will be to contact our Member Services Department. You can do so by calling 1-800-900-2832 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Here is the information they will need.
- Basic contact information (name, mailing address, phone number, email, etc.)
- 911 address of the property to be served or a meter number.
- Date of connect.
- Our Member Services Department will send you the required paperwork or you can print the necessary form below.
- There may be some fees involved with installing security lights, our Member Services Representatives will let you know the amount.
Security Light Rates
This Security Lighting Rate Schedule applies to dusk-to-dawn security lighting available to all Cooperative members.
Character of Service
Single-phase alternating current service will be provided, at approximately 60 cycles. Voltage supplied will be at the discretion of the Cooperative and will be determined by the voltage available from distribution lines in the vicinity and/or other conditions. Frequency and voltage shall be subject to reasonable variation.
|175 Watt Mercury Vapor||
|400 Watt Mercury Vapor||
|100 Watt High Pressure Sodium||
|250 Watt High Pressure Sodium||
|400 Watt High Pressure Sodium||
|175 Watt Metal Halide||$4.40|
|48 Watt LED||$5.40|
Rate and Pass-Throughs
When a security light is situated on the member’s side of the meter, the kilowatt hours consumed in the operation of the light will be billed the Distribution Energy Charge, the Power Cost Pass-Through, and the Transmission Cost Pass-Through as metered. When a security light is situated on the Cooperative’s side of the meter and the energy is not metered, the Power Cost Pass-Through and the Transmission Cost Pass-Through shall be billed based on the following kilowatt hour allowances:
|Lamp Size||kWh Allowance|
|175 Watt Mercury Vapor||75 KWh per month|
|400 Watt Mercury Vapor||160 KWh per month|
|100 Watt High Pressure Sodium||45 KWh per month|
|250 Watt High Pressure Sodium||100 KWh per month|
|400 Watt High Pressure Sodium||160 KWh per month|
|175 Watt Metal Halide||65 KWh per month|
|48 Watt LED||65 kWh per month|
Conditions of Service
All security lighting equipment shall be owned, maintained and operated by the Cooperative. Replacement of lamps shall be made during normal business hours.