View Jobs Available
- Meter Tech I – Fredericksburg location
Position: Meter Tech I
Reports to: Meter and Apparatus Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Conducts meter change outs, collection of delinquent accounts, troubleshoot meter usage / functioning discrepancies, and reading meters as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete meter change outs, connects and disconnects in accordance with the procedures of the Cooperative under direct supervision.
- Ensure all meters are properly sealed after installation.
- Investigate meter tampering/power theft and communicate information to Supervisor.
- Troubleshoot/investigate meter functioning discrepancies at member locations.
- Re-fuse, connect and disconnect transformers under direct supervision.
- Assist members/troubleshoot with minor usage complaints.
- In addition to these responsibilities, may be assigned by the Supervisor and/or Director of Operations and Engineering to perform other duties from time to time.
High school diploma or equivalency is required.
Minimum of one year experience as a Meter Reader/Technician or one year experience in maintaining and installing meters and metering equipment preferred. Computer software proficiency required.
Basic knowledge of all types of electrical meters and electrical recording instruments preferred. Basic knowledge of electricity and electrical distribution systems preferred. Knowledge of local and county area is preferred.
Abilities and Skills:
- Must possess valid Texas driver license with good driving record.
- Must possess skills in map reading.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both in written and oral forms with the general public and co-workers.
- Must possess good computer skills and be able to accurately interpret/enter information into a handheld computer.
- Must be able to lift/move 50 pounds or more, as necessary without external assistance of personnel or mechanical aids.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time, sometimes in uneven terrain.
- Must be able to effectively utilize a two-way radio to communicate duties and location.
- Must have sight to be able to see working conditions from a safety standpoint.
- Must be able to work with deadlines.
The majority of the work schedule will be performed traveling to and working at various locations within the service territory each day. The individual must be willing to work in all adverse weather conditions. The position also requires working inside an office building with the usual office conditions.